登陆注册
45761300000003

第3章 工作

When looking for a job,one person usually should be recommended by some one or department,or get message from ads in newspaper.As a Jobhopper,you must hand in a formal written Job application and your resume.The former should be succinct,especially explain why you are interested in the job and enclose the reason that you think you can be competent.Also the resume should include your schooling experience and working experience especially something closely related to what you re looking for.

当你要寻找一个职位时,一般要通过某人或某单位的介绍,或直接从报纸的招聘广告中获得信息。作为应聘者,你必须上交一份正式的书面求职申请书和你的个人简历。申请书应写得简明贴切,尤其要说明你为什么对这个工作感兴趣,附带列举你认为能胜任该项工作的理由;简历中要说明你的学习、工作经历,尤其要多列举与你目前正在申请的工作相关的经历。

Job Wanted招聘

advertise 登广告

I want to advertise for a new junior secretary.

我想登广告招聘一名初级秘书。

We should advertise some information in newspaper.

我们应该在报纸上登些广告。

employ/want/get 招聘

I have a great deal of work to do,so Mr.Smith decided to employ a junior secretary to help me.

我有很多工作要做,所以史密斯先生决定招聘一位初级秘书来帮助我。

Junior Secretary wanted,in block capitals.Then,a vacancy exists for a junior secretary in a mediumsized firm.Applicants should be shorthand typists with a knowledge of secretarial duties.

招聘初级秘书,用大写黑体字。一中型规模公司欲招聘一名初级秘书。应聘者需具备速记技能和初级文秘知识。

Anyway let s start by getting a new junior secretary.

不管怎样,我们现在得招一名初级秘书。

put 加上

We d better put “Knowledge of one foreign language essential”somewhere.

我们最好在某处加上“要掌握一门外语”。

Sir,do you have anything to put?

先生,您还有要加的东西吗?

application form 申请表

I sent you an application form.Did you receive it?

我给您寄去了申请表,您收到了吗?

I m sorry,but we don t have any vacancies now.Will you fill this application form? If anything opens up,we ll let you know.

对不起,我们现在没有空缺。您能填一下这张申请表好吗? 如果有空缺,我们会通知您的。

A:Mary,I want to advertise for a new junior secretary.

玛丽,我想登广告招聘一名初级秘书。

B:A new junior secretary?

招初级秘书?

A:Yes,a new junior secretary.You have to spend so much time on the telephone that you need someone to help you in the office.

是的,招一名初级秘书。回电话占用了你很多时间,我想你需要一个人帮帮你。

B:That s a good idea.Then I can spend more time dealing with correspondence.

是个好主意。那样,我就可以有更多的时间处理来往的信函。

A:Yes,and if you spend more time on correspondence,I ll have more time to visit customers.

是的,如果你能腾出时间来处理来往信件,就可以有更多的时间来拜访客户了。

B:And the firm will do more business.

那样的话,公司就有更多的生意了。

A:Yes,and if the firm does more business,it ll make more money.

是的,公司有了更多的生意,我就可以赚更多的钱了。

B:And we ll all get more pay.

那我们就可以加薪了。

A:Yes,perhaps.Anyway let s start by getting a new junior secretary.We can put an advertisement in the China Daily.

也许会。不管怎样,我们现在得招一名初级秘书。我们可以在《中国日报》上刊登一则招聘广告。

B:Right.What shall we say in it?

好吧。我们写什么呢?

A:Junior Secretary wanted,in block capitals.Then,a vacancy exists for a junior secretary in a mediumsized firm.Applicants should be shorthand typists with a knowledge of secretarial duties.What about that?

招聘初级秘书,用大写黑体字。一中型规模公司欲招聘一名初级秘书。应聘者需具备速记技能和初级文秘知识。这样写,怎么样?

B:I think it would be a good idea to put “office practice”instead of “secretarial duties”.

我觉得把“初级文秘知识”换成“办公室日常事务”更好一些。

A:Do you? Why?

是吗? 为什么?

B:Well,if she s worked in an office,she will know about office practice.But she may not know anything about secretarial duties.

如果应聘者在办公室工作过,她就会对办公室日常事务有所了解。但她也许不具备文秘知识。

A:Yes,you re quite right.Put “Applicants should be shorthandtypists with a knowledge of office practice.”

有道理。那就写:“应聘者需具备速记技能并熟悉办公室日常事务。”

B:Oh,I see.If she want to know anything specific,I ll explain it to her.

好的。如果她还想知道详细内容,我会向她解释。

A:Yes,yes.Now should we ask applicants to phone or write?

我们是让应聘者写信还是打电话呢?

B:Oh,phone,I think.You can find out a great deal about someone from his or her telephone manner.And what about languages?

我想还是打电话吧。从一个人打电话的方式中我们可以了解她(或他)的很多方面。哦,在语言方面有什么要求吗?

A:Well,anyone who uses the telephone in business should be able to speak at least one foreign language.We d better put “Knowledge of one foreign language essential”somewhere.

任何人打商务电话都应该至少会一门外语,我们最好在某个地方加上“要掌握一门外语”。

B:When do you want it to appear?

您想什么时候刊登这个广告?

A:Oh,in Friday s issue,I think.Thank you,Mary.

我看还是在星期五吧。谢谢您,玛丽!

Job Hunting求职

be competent 合格的

That experience taught me to manage my time,so you ll find me a very efficient time budgeter as well as a competent financial budgeter.

那段经历教会了我该怎样使用时间,所以您会发现,我不但是个高效的时间安排者,而且是个合格的财务规划人。

I have the confidence that I ll be competent for the job.

我有信心我能胜任这份工作。

practical experience 实际经验

Chairperson of the Debating Team,President of Student Council,Captain of the Football Association—all the roles has helped me to be qualified for a management position.

我是辩论队队长、学生会主席、足球协会主席——这些职务使我成了管理职务的合格人选。

I am confident that this experience would help me fit in and contribute to the work in your company.

我深信,这段经历使我适合贵公司的工作,并在工作中做出贡献。

My training,education and personal qualities justify my application for the position.

我所接受的教育和培训,我所具备的个性品质,使我符合该职位的要求,特提出申请。

Besides the prescribed courses in my major,I elected 6computer courses and

attended a 100hour English training course.

除规定的专业课外,我还选修了6门计算机课程,参加了100学时的英语培训。

I believe my background would benefit Changfeng.

我相信,我的经历和能力对长风公司会很有用的。

Having worked for three years as a parttime journalist for a local newspaper,I ve gained a great deal of practical knowledge in all aspects of society.

我曾为本地的一家报社当过3年的业余记者,积累了丰富的社会知识。

As a scholarshipwinning student of English major and Chinese minor,I believe by skills as a public relations practitioner would be a useful attribute in your public affairs department.

我主修英语,辅修中文,获得过奖学金,具有一定的公关能力,能为贵公司的公共关系发展做出贡献。

Let me put my creative eye,artistic ability,and experience to work for Philips.

我有创造力,有艺术方面的能力和经历,愿为飞利浦公司效力。

My experience,particularly my work with CocaCola,is strong preparation for your advertised position.

我的经历,尤其是在可口可乐的那段经历,为我应聘贵公司的职位做了准备。

My position as president of the Student Council has helped me develop my leadership and communication skills.

我担任过学生会主席,培养了自己的领导能力,提高了自己的交流水平。

answer to advertisement/enquire about advertisement 应聘

A Miss Lucy Gray telephoned this morning in answering to our advertisement for a junior secretary.

一位叫露西·格雷的小姐今天上午打电话来应聘初级秘书。

I m phoning to enquire about your advertisement for a junior secretary.

我打电话是想问一下有关你们刊登招聘初级秘书广告的事情。

I saw your advertisement in this morning s newspaper for the air hostess.I d like the job.

我看到今天早晨的报纸上贵公司招聘空中小姐的广告,我想申请这一职位。

what type/sort of... 什么类型……

What types of work are you looking for?

你打算找什么样的工作?

I think you probably have a fair idea what sort of job you will apply for.

我想你一定想好了找一个什么样的工作。

vacancy/position (岗位、职位)空缺

Excuse me,please.I saw a vacancy board outside for a plumber.Has the vacancy filled?

打扰了,我在招工牌上看到要招一名铅管工,名额满了吗?

How many positions are you filling at this time?

你们这次要录用多少人呢?

look/apply for 申请

I wanted to get more interesting work—that s why I m applying for this post.

我想找一分更吸引人的工作。这正是我这次求职的原因。

May I know what has made you decide to apply for a position here?

我想了解一个是什么原因促使你来应聘这个职位的?

I m looking for a job.Is it possible to find one here?

我想找个工作,这儿有吗?

I ve come to apply for the position as an office clerk.

我是来应聘办公室职员一职的。

Are you looking for a dynamic salesperson?

你们需要充满活力的销售人员吗?

A:Hello,this is Mr.Smith s office.

您好! 这是史密斯先生的办公室。

B:May I speak to Miss White,please?

我想找怀特小姐。

A:This is Miss White speaking.

我就是怀特小姐。

B:Good morning,Miss White.I m phoning to enquire about your advertisement for a junior secretary.

早上好,怀特小姐。我打电话是想问一下有关你们刊登招聘初级秘书的广告的事情。

A:Oh,thank you very much.May I have your name please?

哦,好的。您叫什么名字?

B:Yes,my name s Lucy Gray.

我叫露西·格雷。

A:Thank you,Miss Gray.And what is your address?

好的,格雷小姐。您的住址?

B:It s Apartment 6,29,Republic Avenue.

共和大街29号6门。

A:(slowly)Apartment 6,29,Republic Avenue.

(慢说)共和大街29号6门。

B:That s right.

对。

A:Have you got a telephone number?

您的电话号码是多少?

B:No,I m not on the phone.

我没有电话。

A:And where are you working now?

您现在在哪工作?

B:I m working as a shorthand typist at the National Bank.

我在国家银行做速记员。

A:Why do you want to leave?

您为什么要辞职呢?

B:Well,I ve been working in the bank for two years now and I d like to work in another sort of organization.I d also like to be a secretary.

我在银行已经工作两年了。我想换一个工作环境,而且我想做一名秘书。

A:Do you know anything about secretarial work?

您对秘书工作了解吗?

B:Well,I am a good shorthand typist.I am used to the telephone and I have knowledge of office practice.

我是个很好的速记员,我习惯于接电话,并且对办公室日常事务很了解。

A:Yes,that s correct.We would also want you to attend language classes.Would you be willing to do that?

好的,我们打算让您参加一个语言培训班,您愿意吗?

B:Oh yes,of course.I d like that.

当然愿意。我很高兴。

A:Fine.I ll send you an application form.Please complete it and bring it with you when you come for an interview.When can you come for an interview?

好,我会给您寄去一份申请表。请您填好,然后在您来面试的时候把它带来。您什么时候可以来面试?

B:Well,er...

嗯…

A:Could you come next Thursday at three o clock in the afternoon?

下周四下午3点钟,怎么样?

B:Well,actually four o clock would be more convenient for me.

最好是4点钟。

A:All right,four o clock next Thursday then.The address is 45Fifth Avenue,and the name of the firm is Modern Office Limited.

好吧,那就下星期四下午4点。公司的地址是第五大街45号。名字是现代办公用品有限公司。

B:Thank you very much,Miss White.I ll look forward to meeting you at four o clock next Thursday.Goodbye.

非常感谢,怀特小姐。我们下星期四下午4点钟见,再见。

A:Goodbye,Miss Gray.

再见,格雷小姐。

Job Interview面试

personality and hobbies 个性与爱好

What kind of personality do you think you have?

您认为您具有哪种性格?

What kinds of books do you like?

您喜欢读哪类书?

What kind of person do you think you are?

您认为您是哪类人?

What kind of people do you like to work with?

您最喜欢和哪类人一起工作?

What kind of sports do you like?

您喜欢哪种体育活动?

Do you think you are introverted or extroverted?

您认为您性格内向还是外向?

Would you describe yourself as outgoing or more reserved?

您认为您是个外向的还是个内向的人?

I like to work with people who are honest,dedicate to their work and have integrity.

我喜欢和诚实、对工作投入、为人正直的人一起工作。

I have many hobbies.I like almost all kinds of sports and I also like to listen to classical music.

我有很多爱好。我喜欢几乎所有运动项目,也喜欢听古典音乐。

I like reading the works of Lao She.

我喜欢读老舍的作品。

I read or go swimming.If I have time,I enjoy camping in the wild with my friends.

我喜欢阅读、游泳,若时间许可,我喜欢和朋友到野外露营。

I like playing basketball,and I also enjoy the team spirit of basketball.

我喜欢篮球及篮球的那种群体精神。

I read everything I can get my hands on but I like ghosts stories best.

我随意拿起什么便看什么,但我最喜欢看鬼故事。

What basic principles do you apply to your life?

您在生活中的基本原则是什么?

What are your hobbies?

您的个人爱好是什么?

What do you do when you are not working?

工作之余您有什么消遣活动?

What is your favorite sport?

您最喜欢的运动是什么?

What do you like to read?

您喜欢看什么书?

How do you get along with others?

您与别人相处如何?

How do you spend your leisure time?

您是怎样打发闲暇时间的?

How is your tennis coming along?

您的网球打得怎样?

I am inclined to think independently.

我喜欢独立思考问题。

I am quite active and energetic.I approach thing enthusiastically and I don t like leaving things half done.

我颇活跃及有活力。我做每件事情都充满热情,不喜欢半途而废。

Sometimes I lack patience in what I am doing.However,I m very careful with my work.

我有时候对自己所做的事缺乏耐心,不过我干工作挺细心。

I think I m a cooperative worker.

我认为我具有合作精神。

I think I am rather outgoing.I enjoy working with others.But sometimes I want to be alone.

我想我较外向,我喜欢和别人合作,不过有时我也想一个人独处。

Which newspaper do you read?

您看哪种报纸?

Which part of the paper do you read first?

您会先看报纸的哪一部分?

educational background 教育背景

What university did you graduate from?

您从哪所学校毕业?

Would you tell me what educational background you have?

请告诉我你的学历好吗?

What course do you like best?

您最喜欢什么课程?

How were your scores at college?

您在大学时成绩如何?

Which band did you pass in College English Test.

您通过了大学英语考试几级?

Were you in a leading position when you were a college student?

您读大学时有没有担任过学生干部?

Where did you receive your master s degree?

您在哪里获得硕士学位的?

Tell me the courses you have completed in school and what is your favorite subject?

请告诉我您在学校曾修读过的课程。您最喜欢哪一科?

Have you studied any courses related to the post you are applying for?

您曾修读与您申请的这份工作相关的科目吗?

What do you think of the relationship between the subjects you have taken and the job you are seeking?

您认为你曾修读的科目和您申请的这份工作有何关系?

What did you specialize in?

您学的是什么专业?

What are your major and minor subjects?

您主修和辅修什么科目?

How are you getting on with your studies?

您功课情况如何?

What was your favorite subject at school?

在校时您最喜欢的科目是什么?

Which subject were you best interested in?

您对哪一科最有兴趣?

I have completed a Master s Degree in English,taught Business Communication at a major university,worked for two newspapers,and would like to contribute my skills to your company s development.

我取得了英语硕士学位,在一所重点大学教过商务交流课程,在两家报社任过职,现希望能用我的知识和技能为贵公司的发展做出贡献。

My two degrees and my experience as a mechanical engineer make me the right person,energetic,hardworking,and competent,for the position you advertised.

我取得了两个学位,任过机械工程师,精力充沛,积极肯干,能力较强,正是你们广告招聘的人选。

I believe that my background,experience and education have given me the

unique qualifications for the position.

我相信,凭我的经历、能力和学历,完全能胜任这份工作。

Five years of related work experience,a master s degree in business administration,and strong interpersonal skills have prepared me for a career in office administration.

我从事过5年的相关工作,是工商企业管理硕士,人际交流沟通能力强,能胜任办公室行政管理工作。

In addition to studying the prescribed courses in business administration,I

selected electives such as computer and English courses to help me in my career objective.

我不但修完了工商企业管理方面的规定课程,而且还选修了计算机和英语等课程,对我的工作能力有很大的提高。

The MBA degree I will receive in June from Nankai University has given me a brand foundation of business knowledge.

我具有广博的商务知识,并将于今年6月获得南开大学的工商管理硕士学位。

What is the extent of your formal education? What degree and diploma have you earned?

您的最高学历是什么? 取得了什么学位和文凭?

Why did you take your particular program of studies? What courses did you

enjoy the most? The least? Why?

您为什么要选择这个专业? 您最喜欢什么课程? 最不喜欢什么课程? 为什么?

would/be going to 将要

You would answer the telephone, do the filing and some shorthand typewriting.

您主要负责接电话,整理文件和做一些速记打字工作。

Would you read about this paragraph in the newspaper in English?

您用英语朗读一下报纸上的这一段内容,好吗?

Now,I m going to give you a short dictation and typing test.

现在我给您做一个听写和打字测试。

consider 考虑

What do you consider important when looking for a job?

您选择工作时主要考虑的是什么?

What do you consider your strengths (weaknesses)?

您认为您的长处(缺点)是什么?

interview 面试

Did you ask her to come for an interview?

你请她来面试了吗?

She s going to bring the application form with her when she comes for an interview.

她会在来面试的时候把申请表带来。

If you think she s satisfactory,I ll interview her myself.

如果你满意的话,我再亲自给她面试。

I have come at your invitation for an interview.

我是应您之邀来参加面试的。

However,we naturally want to interview the other applicants before we make any final decision.

通常在做出最后决定以前,我们还要面试一下其他申请者。

what kind of quality should be 应具备什么素质

Now,perhaps you would tell me what sort of qualities you d look for in your secretary if you were in my shoes?

现在能否请你告诉我,如果你处在我的位置,你希望你的秘书应该具备哪些素质?

Thank you for your interests in this position.Why do you consider yourself qualified for this job?

谢谢你对这个职位感兴趣,为什么你认为自己符合这个职位的资格?

My educational background and professional experience make me qualified for the job.

我的教育背景和工作经验使我能够胜任这项工作。

operate/use 使用

Can you use a duplicator?

你会用复印机吗?

I think this is a good place for me to use what I have learned in the university and also practice my English in my work.

我想这里可以使我在大学里所学过的东西学以致用,同时可以在工作中锻炼英语能力。

I often operate a word processor.

我经常使用文字处理机。

about working hours 关于工作时间

How long is the workweek?

工作周时多长呢?

What time does the work start and finish each day?

每天什么时间上班和下班呢?

Do people often work overtime?

通常都要加班吗?

Does the job include Saturday?

星期六要上班吗?

about salary 关于薪酬

What salary do you expect per month?

你希望每个月的工资如何?

We ll start you off at 1,000 yuan RMB a month,and after three months,we ll give you a salary of 1,500 yuan RMB.

开始我们每月发给你1000元人民币,三个月后,我们每月发给你1500元人民币。

What is your salary now?

你现在薪水多少?

At present I get a salary of 2,000 yuan per month.

目前,我每月工资2000元。

What s your expected salary?

你期望的薪水是多少?

Is the salary satisfactory?

你对薪水满意吗?

We pay salary on weekly basis.

我们按周付薪水。

Yes,salary is quite satisfactory.I accept it.

是的,我很满意,我可以接受这一安排。

I d require a commencing salary of 2,500 yuan a month.

我要求起薪每月2500元。

Since this will be my first job and I don t have much experience,I feel hesitate to suggest salary.

由于这是我的第一份工作,又缺乏工作经验,所以我不敢贸然提出待遇要求。

I think the salary is reasonable.

我觉得这薪水很合理。

If you are accepted,how much salary would you expect?

如果你被录用的话,你希望月薪有多少?

What s the starting salary and what sort of fringe benefits does the job offer?

起薪是多少? 还有什么福利待遇吗?

A:Mr.Smith.

史密斯先生。

B:Yes,Mary.

有事吗,玛丽?

A:A Miss Lucy Gray telephoned this morning in answer to our advertisement for a junior secretary.

一位叫露西·格雷的小姐今天上午打电话来应聘初级秘书。

B:What did she sound like?

她听上去怎么样?

A:She sounded very nice on the telephone.She spoke very clearly.She has been working as a shorthand typist at the National Bank for the last two years.

她在电话里听起来很不错。她讲话很清楚。她在国家银行做了两年速记打字员。

B:Did you ask her to come for an interview?

你请她来面试了吗?

A:Yes.She s coming next Thursday at four o clock.

是的,她下星期四下午4点来。

B:Fine.Have you sent her an application form?

很好。你给她寄申请表了吗?

A:Yes,I have.And she s going to bring it with her when she comes for an

interview next Thursday.

寄了。她会在下周四来面试的时候把申请表带来。

B:Good.When she arrives,give her a short dictation and typing test.Let me know how she gets on with it.If you think she s satisfactory,I ll interview her myself.

好的。她来了以后,你给她做一个简短的听写和打字测试,然后告诉我她做得如何。如果你满意的话,我再亲自给她面试。

A:Very well,Mr.Smith.If all goes well,I ll bring her to meet you at halfpast four.

可以。如果一切顺利的话,我4点半带她来见您。

C:Good afternoon.I have an appointment with Miss White at four o clock.

下午好。我和怀特小姐已经约好了4点钟见面。

A:That s right.I m Miss White.You must be Lucy Gray.Do come in and sit down.

是的,我就是怀特小姐。您一定是露西·格雷吧。进来,请坐。

C:Thank you very much.

谢谢。

A:I sent you an application form.Did you receive it?

我给您寄去了申请表,您收到了吗?

C:Yes,I did.I ve completed it and brought it with me.Here it is.

我收到了。我已经填好带来了,在这。

A:Good.Now let me tell you something about the job and the Company.Mr.Smith is the general manager of the company and I m his secretary.I have a great deal of work to do,so Mr.Smith decided to employ a junior secretary to help me.

很好。现在我向你介绍一下你的工作及公司的情况。史密斯先生是公司的总经理,我是他的秘书。我有很多工作要做,所以史密斯先生决定招聘一位初级秘书来帮助我。

C:Oh,I see.So my work would be to help you?

哦,我知道了,我的工作就是协助你?

A:Yes,you would answer the telephone;do the filing and some shorthand typewriting.Can you use a duplicator?

是的,你主要负责接电话,整理文件和一些速记打字工作。你会用复印机吗?

C:Yes,I can.

会用。

A:Oh,good.Now,I m going to give you a short dictation and typing test,and then Mr.Smith wants to see you.

好的。现在我给你做一个听写和打字的测试,然后我带你去见史密斯先生。

C:Thank you.

谢谢您。

Resign辞职

be surprised 变得很吃惊

I m surprised.I think you do quite well in your work.

我很吃惊。我认为你干得非常好。

It comes as a bit of surprise.I thought you were happy here.

这有点出乎意料。我原以为你在这里工作得很愉快呢。

leave... 离开……

Could you tell me why you want to leave the company?

你能告诉我为什么要离开公司吗?

I ll be sorry to leave here.I like the company and the people I work with.

我对要离开这里感到非常遗憾。我喜欢公司和这里的同事们。

My reasons for leaving are of a deeply personal nature.

我之所以辞职实属个人原因。

Why do you plan to leave the present job?

你为什么打算辞掉现在的工作?

Why do you want to leave your current employment?

你为什么希望离开目前的职位?

a lot 很多

I ve learnt a lot here and appreciate the opportunity I ve been given here.

我在这里学到了很多东西,并且很感谢给予我的机会。

You ve always been great to me and taught me a lot.

他一直对我都很好,并且教了我很多东西。

I want to resign 我想辞职

After much reflection,I have decided that I must resign from my position as Production Line Supervisor.

我经过慎重考虑,决定辞去生产线主管一职。

My experience over the past several months at your Bakery have convinced me that I must resign,effective no later than two weeks from today.

在贵公司工作一段时间之后,我决定提出辞职。两周内我正式离开公司。

I am sorry to inform you that I have decided to resign from my position as a computer programmer to seek a more rewarding position elsewhere,effective no later than two weeks from today s date.

我很遗憾地告诉您我决定辞去贵公司的程序设计员的工作,而去别的公司应聘一个报酬较高的职位。我将在两周内正式离职。

Why do you want to resign your position as secretary?

你为什么想辞去秘书的职务?

I have concluded that my contributions here are not rewarded and my ideas are ignored.So I want to resign.

我认为我为公司所做的贡献并没有得到相应的回报,同时我的见解也没有得到公司的重视。因此我想辞职。

replacement 替代,接替

To facilitate a smooth transition,I plan to stay until the end of the month to complete my projects and train my replacement.

为了能够顺利交接,我计划做到这个月底,以便我能够完成手头的工作,并帮助接替我的员工熟悉一下工作。

Two weeks should be enough time for you to find a replacement for my position.

我想两周时间足够您找一个人来接替我的工作了。

transfer 转换

I am going to ask for a transfer from the sales department to marketing.

我要求从销售部调到市场部。

She requested a transfer to another department.

她要求调到其他部门。

regret/be sad to 遗憾

I m sad to see you go,but I do want to wish you all the best in your new career.

你要走,我感到很难过。不过,我还是衷心祝愿你在新的工作中一切顺利。

I regret that my life requires that I make this difficult decision now.

我为不得不做此决定感到非常遗憾。

better 更好的

To be honest,I want to work in a company with better working conditions,higher salary and more chances for promotion.

坦白对您说,我想在一家工作环境好、薪水高、晋升机会多一些的公司工作。

I plan to leave the present job in order to be able to get into the advertising business for better development.

我想离开目前的工作是为了进入广告业以寻求发展。

It seems he s been offered a better job by another firm.

好像是另外一家公司提供给他一个更好的职位。

I have already accepted a better position at another business so I cannot work beyond this time frame.

我不可能再呆更长的时间了,因为我已经在另一家公司得到了一个更好的职位。

recommend sb. to do sth. 推荐某人做某事

I hope you will provide me with a favorable recommendation when I return to the job market.

当我再次找工作的时候,我希望您能为我在公司的表现提供一份有利的鉴定。

I would appreciate a positive recommendation from you if any prospective employers ask about me.

当有其他公司向您询问我的有关情况时,如果您能给予对我有利的评价,我会很感激您的。

promote sb. 提升某人

His promotion to manager was a popular appointment.

他升任经理是众望所归的。

To be frank,I need new challenges.What s more,the chance for promotion in the new company is good and so is the salary.

实话对您说,我想接受新的挑战。而且,在这家新的公司,晋升机会多一些,薪水也更高一些。

To be honest,the chances for promotion are good,and the money was just too good to turn down.

老实说,新公司晋升的机会很多,而且薪水好得简直令人无法拒绝。

Because of my promotion from stenographer to secretary,I got a weekly raise of $15.

我从速记员升为秘书,每周加薪15美元。

Mr.Smith was recently promoted to the office of vice president.

史密斯先生新近被升为副总裁。

Some day I hope to be promoted to administration in a supervisory capacity.

我希望有一天被提升到监督职位。

scout around 四处找工作

I wasn t even aware that you d been scouting around.

我甚至没发觉你已经四处找工作了!

In last three months,I scouted around.

在过去3个月中,我到处找工作。

accept challenge 接受挑战

I feel I ve grown professionally as much as I can here,and need some new

challenges.

我觉得在这里能学到的专业知识已到了极限,我需要新的挑战。

I have decided to accept the challenge of a manager.

我已决定接受经理职位的挑战了。

A:Good morning.May I help you?

早上好,有什么事吗?

B:Good morning.I m Wang Wenping,coming for an interview with Mr Waley.We made an appointment yesterday on the phone.Is Mr Waley available now?

早上好,我叫王文平,是来见韦利先生的,我们昨天在电话上约定了,韦利先生在吗?

A:Oh,yes,Miss Wang.Mr Waley is waiting for you at his office.Just a

moment,please.I ll let him know you re here.(to the phone).

噢,在,王小姐,韦利先生正在他的办公室里等您呢。请稍候。我告诉他您来了。(打电话)

C:Waley speaking.

我是韦利。

A:Hello,Mr.Waley,Miss Wang s been here for the interview.

您好,韦利先生,王小姐来了。

C:Send her up,please.

请让她上来吧。

A:Yes.(to Miss Wang) Mr Waley asks you to go up to his office.It s room 405,on the fourth floor.

好的。(对王小姐说)韦利先生让您到他办公室去。他在四楼405房间。

B:Room 405on the fourth floor.

四楼405房间。

A:That s right.There is a lift at the end of the corridor.

是的,走廊那端有电梯。

B:Thank you.

谢谢您。

B:May I come in?

我可以进来吗?

C:Come in,please,Miss Wang.Nice to meet you.Sit down,please.

请进,王小姐,很高兴见到您,请坐。

B:Thank you,Mr Waley.

谢谢您,韦利先生。

C:I ve been looking over your application.I see you ve got several years experience in secretarial work.May I know what has made you decide to apply for a position here?

我一直在看您的求职信哩,知道你干秘书已经几年了,我想了解一下是什么原因促使您来应聘这个职位的?

B:I worked as a junior secretary.My responsibilities include typing,filing,

answering telephone calls and such routine office work.I feel I m ready for a more challenging position.

我做过初级秘书。我负责打字、整理文件、接电话等日常办公工作。我认为我应该尝试一下更有挑战性的工作。

C:That s why you want to have a change,I suppose.

我想这是您想改变工作的原因。

B:Yes,I want to move ahead.I understand you re looking for an executive secretary.I ve completed a secretary training course including Business Communication,Accounting,Bookkeeping,Theories and Applications of Computer Science.This year I m taking Advanced Secretary Practice.I hope such a training will help me in my career.

是的,人往高处走嘛。我了解到您打算招聘一个秘书主管。我已修完了秘书训练课程,包括商务交流、会计、簿记、计算机科学的理论与应用。今年我正进修高级秘书管理课程,我希望这样的训练将对我的工作有所帮助。

C:I believe it will.As secretary here,you ll assist me in my daily routine,dealing with correspondence and teaming up with people in the office for a smooth operation.How do you feel about routine work?

我想会的。作为这儿的秘书,您要协助我处理一些日常工作,处理来往信函,并与办公室同事和睦相处。您对日常工作有何想法?

B:A secretary s work is often routine work.I m confident that I m able to handle the office routine.I ve been well trained for this.

秘书的工作常是些例行工作。我有信心处理好办公室日常事务。我是接受过严格训练的。

C:You mentioned you re taking an Advanced Secretary Practice course.Did you find anything impressive in the course?

您提到你正进修高级秘书管理课程。在这门课程里您发现给您印象深刻的东西了吗?

B:The course has been very helpful.It s acquainted me with many new methods of working.In particular the new wording “to work with the boss”instead of the previously accepted “to work for the boss”has struck me.

这门课程对我很有帮助。它使我学会了许多新的工作方法。特别是以前的“为老板工作”的说法换成了“与老板工作”触动了我。

C:According to your understanding,what does the difference mean?

据你的理解,两者之间有何区别?

B:“To work with the boss”means to work as team member with the boss in order to maximize efficiency.I believe it also means but the secretary and the boss have a mutual respect for each other.

“与老板工作”意思是为了最大限度地提高工作效率而与老板相互配合工作。我认为这也意味着老板和秘书应该相互尊重。

C:May I know your comments on your previous job,please?

请告诉我您如何评价自己以前的工作,好吗?

B:I must admit it was somewhat boring,but it surely was very important for the company.Customers get the first impression from the secretary or the receptionistsecretary.I always did my best to be cheerful,patient,and willing to help.My office manager has a high opinion on my performance and I felt sorry that in our company there was no opportunity for my advancement.

必须承认它很枯燥无味,但它对公司来说却十分重要。客户从秘书或接待秘书那里得到第一印象。我总是尽力表现得高兴、有耐心,愿意提供帮助,办公室经理对我的表现高度赞赏。但很遗憾,公司没有我发展的余地。

C:Yes,I ve got the idea from your recommendation.Are you aware of your week points?

是的,从您的介绍中我已有所了解。您意识到自己的缺点了吗?

B:Yes,I m used to playing a supporting role.That means my decisionmaking ability needs improving.

是的,我习惯于做配角。这说明我的决策能力还有待于提高。

C:Anyway,I don t expect anything perfect from the beginning.What do you feel about overtime?

无论如何,在最初我不期待有过好表现。您对加班有何看法?

B:It s fine.I understand what having more responsibilities means.Even before,I was not a ninetofive person.Could you please tell me,generally speaking,how often the. executive secretary works overtime,and how many more hours she puts in?

好的。我知道拥有更多的责任意味着什么。我从来就不是一个因循守旧的人。您可否告诉我,一般来讲,主管秘书多长时间加班一次? 要加班多长时间?

C:It depends.If we have important meetings or visiting delegations,you have to stay with us.It s not unusual.

依情况而定。如果我们有重要会议或来访代表团,您必须和我们呆在一起,这种情况不少。

B:I see.I think I can find my way out.

我明白了。我想我知道该怎么做。

C:Do you have any more questions to ask me about the job?

您对工作还有不明白的地方要问吗?

B:Let me see.What s the starting salary and what sort of fringe benefits does the job offer?

让我想想看。底薪是多少? 还有什么额外福利待遇吗?

C:Well,the starting salary would be 2500 yuan RMB per month,and it will be adjusted according to your performance.Generally speaking,raises will be given after trial employment of three months.We provide fringe benefits such as semiannual bonuses,four weeks of paid vacation a year,and health insurance.An average executive secretary gets about 40,000 yuan RMB a year.

唔,底薪为每月2500元人民币,以后将根据您的表现作适当调整。通常过了最初3个月试用期后会有所增加。我们有额外福利,如每半年一次资金,每年4周带薪假期以及医疗保险。平均一个主管秘书一年有4万人民币收入。

B:When can you reach a final decision,Mr Waley?

韦利先生,您何时能做最后决定?

C:We ve got several other applicants,so we can t reach a final decision until we ve talked to all of them.Anyway,I ll contact you within this month,and keep you informed of our processing progress.

我们还有其他几个求职者,所以在对他们面试完毕之前不能做出决定,不管怎样,我们本月内将与您联系,并告诉您我们的进展情况。

B:Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity,Mr.Waley.

谢谢您给我这次机会,韦利先生。

C:Thank you for your interests in this company.Goodbye,Miss.Wang.

谢谢您对我们公司感兴趣,再见,王小姐。

B:Goodbye.再见。

同类推荐
  • 双语学习丛书-快乐心语

    双语学习丛书-快乐心语

    流淌心灵的隽语,记忆的箴言,在双语的世界里,感受英语学习的乐趣,体会英语学习的奥妙,提高英语学习的能力!丛书包括:爱的交融、财富精英、成长课堂、醇香母爱、父爱如山、故乡情怀、节日趣闻、快乐心语、浪漫往昔等故事。
  • 被侮辱与被损害的人

    被侮辱与被损害的人

    陀思妥耶夫斯基是一位超越时空的作家,又是一位充满矛盾的作家。正如世界有多复杂,人有多复杂,陀思妥耶夫斯基本人也有多复杂一样。现在,俄罗斯和全世界已悄然兴起一门新的学问——陀思妥耶夫斯基学。陀思妥耶夫斯基本人是个谜,他的作品也是个谜。破译这个谜,是全世界陀思妥耶夫斯基学家研究的基本课题。专家们把陀思妥耶夫斯基的生平与创作,一般分为两个时期:西伯利亚之前和西伯利亚之后。本书《被侮辱与被损害的人》(一八六一)则处于这两个时期之间,带有明显的过渡性质:既保留了四十年代作品的思想、内容和风格,又承上启下,开创了作家后期以探索社会秘密、人心秘密为主的社会-心理-哲理小说的先河。
  • 英语PARTY——袋鼠之国·澳大利亚

    英语PARTY——袋鼠之国·澳大利亚

    本套书籍带你领略英语世界风景,感悟英语学习氛围,有助于英语学习。
  • 我的第一本英语百科全书

    我的第一本英语百科全书

    本书的特色:全!全到不能再全的英语百科,内容涵盖口语、俚语、句型、短语、希腊神话一应俱全细!每个常识讲解非常的详尽,深入浅出,很好地解决了读者学习时的“输出”问题!酷!课堂上很少能接触到的美式英语。英语最实用常识一网打尽!值!超长美语录音MP3免费下载,标准美音,地道表达,犹如外教在身边,给读者以超值的学习体验!练口语,会俚语,学句型,知短语,晓故事,这些基础知识是学习好英语的基础,而《我的第一本英语百科全书》已完整收录了所有功能,相信读者在使用本书后,英文能力肯定能够得到全面提升!
  • 漫长的告别:THE LONG GOODBYE(英文版)

    漫长的告别:THE LONG GOODBYE(英文版)

    《漫长的告别》美国“硬汉派”侦探大师雷蒙·钱德勒代表作品,是作者的第六部长篇小说,荣获爱伦·坡小说奖,入选美国推理协会“史上百部推理小说”。日本作家村上春树曾经反复阅读并极为推崇的作品。
热门推荐
  • 战神联盟,奇幻之旅

    战神联盟,奇幻之旅

    一个叫冰梦的女生,在家玩电脑突然进入了赛尔号的游戏世界,她会在这里会发生什么事情呢?让我们共同期待吧
  • 心语心戒

    心语心戒

    心语爱上了自己的同桌文辉,文辉已有女朋友,心语痛苦不已.此时传来文辉分手的消息.激动不已的心语,把自己对文辉的爱意表达出来,文辉平时对心语也有好感,但是,刚刚经历失恋苦楚的他,不知如何是好.
  • 我和小凯的故事

    我和小凯的故事

    这是一个真实的故事,我和自己的学弟小凯的故事,希望大家会喜欢我这样写!
  • 月亮上数星星

    月亮上数星星

    七岁的李潇闻遇到跟他有着同样遭遇的苏晓周,十五岁的李潇闻遇到跟他性格生活截然相反的阳光少年林嘉恒。三个人碰到一起会擦出什么样的火花……
  • 疯狂的未来世界

    疯狂的未来世界

    啊!我都十八了,没有对象怎么办?“国家帮你解决单身问题。”哎嘿嘿嘿,这感情好。“你有了对象打算怎么养家呢?”养什么家?带着对象一起打游戏,他不香吗?
  • 懵懂公主穿越现代,夫君别想逃

    懵懂公主穿越现代,夫君别想逃

    她是金凤国尊贵的九公主凤若璃,貌美无双;他是金凤国的守护战神裴以枫,俊美非凡,英勇过人,为了寻他,她穿越到陌生的现代,在孤儿院生活了四年,只为寻找到他,当她在机场意外的撞到跟他长得一模一样的李承皓时,情不自禁将他当成了裴以枫,激动地上前一把抱住他,而此时身为A&K总裁,欧洲最大的地下组织王国"夜"的幕后老大,16岁凭着过人的头脑登上福布斯第一位之后,一直是商界的传奇人物的他,看到满脸泪珠的她,却推开她淡淡地说道“小姐,你认错人了”,她不可置信地看着他,怎么可能………………
  • 子君愿

    子君愿

    他是伏魔殿修佛道的仙子,她是在人间努力修炼的兔妖....他们之间有着难以跨越的鸿沟她坐在一旁的阶梯上用手撑着脸看着灵禅子,她喜欢这样看着他,默不作声只是专注的做自己的事,柔和的灯光打在他侧脸上,将他衬的那般俊美她看痴了,灵禅子嘴角扬起一个弧度,没有抬头只是抬手勾了勾食指带着几分笑意道“过来。”白雪被他这句话给拉回了神,摇了一下头“啊?”灵禅子带着七分笑意三分宠溺的重复道:“过来。”白雪起身走了过去蹲在他旁边似乎是在等他口中未说出的话,谁知灵禅子一手按过她的颈项,白雪的额头贴上了灵禅子的唇瓣随即又松开带着几分戏谑:“这是对你看了我那么久的惩罚。”
  • 沙雕没有败北

    沙雕没有败北

    嗯……一个很弱却过分沙雕的青春有志青年,一个很强却过分奇葩的中年邋遢大叔。 背景是一个个独立的真实或虚幻的世界。 冒险中产生疑问,去追寻真相。 但又哪里有真相,不过是胜者书写的历史罢了。 思路奇奇怪怪,作者没有脑袋。 睁眼未必窥其全貌,闭目亦非一无所得。欢迎大家感受脑洞和作者独爱的沙雕风格。 另注,作者懒散,为火大的读者提供催更群:978411467
  • 嫡女当嫁:皇后狠妖娆

    嫡女当嫁:皇后狠妖娆

    前世进宫为妃,盛宠不断,却最终命败毒酒,含恨冷宫。重生归来,她怨,她恨!为报血仇,她收敛锋芒,再次入宫。提防庶妹,险避祸端,在后宫这个杀人不见血的地方,她举步维艰,步步惊心。不曾想,帝王之心深不可测,而她,也始终左右不了自己的归属。等到她荣登后位,帝心常住,万宠加身,另一场血雨腥风又再度悄然上演……
  • 水浒群雄传

    水浒群雄传

    宋江死后,一百单八将只剩三十二人,且看李俊如何带领众人续写水浒传奇。