Abigail Chase.\ Paul Brown.
阿比盖尔 蔡斯\ 保罗 布朗
Nice to meet you.\ Bill.
幸会\ 比尔
Nice to meet you, Bill.
幸会, 比尔
How may I help you?Your accent. Pennsylvania Dutch?
要帮什么忙?你的口音,宾州荷兰裔?
Saxony German.\ Oh!
德国萨克森后裔\ 哦!
You're not American?\ Oh, I am an American.
你不是美国人?\ 我是美国人
I just wasn't born here.Please don't touch that!
我只是没有出生在这里,别碰!
Sorry. A neat collection.George Washington's campaign buttons.
对不起,不错的收藏,乔治 华盛顿的竞选徽章
You're missing the 1 789 inaugural, though.
缺了1789就职典礼的那一个
I found one once.That's very fortunate for you.
我以前有一个那你真是太幸运了
Now, you told my assistant that this was an urgent matter.
你告诉我的助手事出紧急
Ah.Yes, ma'am.
是的,女士
Well, I'm gonna get straight to the point.
我开门见山吧
Someone's gonna steal the Declaration of lndependence.
有人打算偷《独立宣言》
It's true.
是真的
I think I'd better put you gentlemen in touch with the FBl.
我看还是帮你们联络联邦调查局吧
We've been to the FBl.\ And?
我们去过联邦调查局了\ 结果呢?
They assured us that the Declaration cannot possibly be stolen.
他们告诉我们《独立宣言》不可能被偷走的
They're right.My friend and I are less certain.
他们说得没错我和我朋友可没这么有信心
However, if we were given the privilege of examining the document...
如果能让我们检查一下...
we would be able to tell you for certain if it were actually in any danger.
我们就可以肯定地告诉你,是不是存在危险
What do you think you're gonna find?
你们会发现什么?
We believe that there's an...encryption on the back.
我们认为在它背面...是经过某种形式的加密处理的
An encryption, like a code?\ Yes, ma'am.
加密, 密码?\ 是的,女士
Of what?
什么样的密码?
Uh... a cartograph.
呃... 一张地图 A map.Yes, ma'am.
地图是的,夫人 A map of what? 什么地图?
The location of...
记载著一些极具...
...of hidden items of historic and intrinsic value.
...历史价值和内在价值的物品的藏匿处
A treasure map?That's where we lost the FBl. 藏宝图?是啊,所以联邦调查局不信我们
You're treasure-hunters, aren't you?
你们是寻宝人?
We're more like treasure-protectors.
更确切地说是宝藏的守卫者
Mr. Brown, I have personally seen the back of the Declaration of lndependence,
布朗我看过《独立宣言》的背面
and I promise you, the only thing there is a notation that reads,
上面只有一行标注
“Original Declaration of lndependence,dated... “《独立宣言》原件...
“Four of July, 1 776.“ Yes, ma'am. “
1776年7月4日“ 是的,女士
But no map. 没有地图
(exasperated sigh) It's invisible.
地图是隐形的
Oh! Right.
是啊
And that's where we lost the Department of Homeland Security.
国土安全部也因此不相信我们
What led you to assume there's this invisible map?
你们为什么会相信上面有隐形的地图?
We found an engraving on the stem of a 200-year-old pipe.
我们在一个两百年前的烟斗的把上发现一些铭文
Owned by Freemasons.
烟斗为共济会所以
May I see the pipe?\ Uh, we don't have it. 可以给我看看吗?\ 呃,现在不在我手上 Did Big Foot take it?\ It was nice meeting you. 大脚怪拿走了?\ 很高兴认识你,再见 Nice to meet you, too. 我也很高兴认识你
And, you know,that really is a nice collection.
你的收藏确实不错
Must have taken you a long time to hunt down all that history.
你一定花了很多时间搜寻那段历史
If it's any consolation,you had me convinced.
我是相信你的,但愿能让你感到些许安慰
It's not.
没有
I was thinking, what if we go public,plaster the story all over the lnternet?
我在想,我们是不是该公诸于众,贴到互联网上去?
It's not like we have our reputations to worry about.
那样就不用担心名声的问题了
Although I don't think that's exactly gonna scare lan away.
但我也不信这样就能吓退伊安
1 80 years of searching,and I'm three feet away.
180年的搜寻,现在只有三尺之遥
Of all the ideas that became the United States,
在所有创建美国的思想中
there's a line here that's at the heart of all the others.
有一条最重要的主线
“But when a long train of abuses and usurpations,
“但是,当追求同一目标的,一连串滥用职权和强取豪夺发生
pursuing invariably the same object,
证明政府追求的目标
evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism,
是企图把人民置于专制统治之下
it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such government
人民就有权利,也有义务推翻这样的政府
and provide new guards for their future security.“
并为他们未来的安全建立新的保障“
People don't talk that way anymore.
现在人们不这么说了
Beautiful, huh? 很美,是吧?
No idea what you said.不知道你在说什么It means, if there's something wrong,
意思是,如果发生了不该发生的事情
those who have the ability to take action have the responsibility to take action.
有能力采取行动的人,就有责任行动起来
I'm gonna steal it.
我要去偷
(scoffs) What?
什么?
I'm gonna steal the Declaration of lndependence.
我要去偷《独立宣言》
Uh... Ben?
呃... 本?
(Riley) This is... huge.
这个计划... 太大了
It's prison huge.
大到可以送我们进监狱
You are gonna go to prison, you know that?
你会进监狱的,你明白吗?
Yeah, probably.
也许吧
So that would bother most people.
这会给大多数人带来麻烦的
Ian's gonna try and steal it. And if he succeeds, he'll destroy the Declaration.
伊安会去偷的,如果他成功了,就会毁掉宣言
The fact is, the only way to protect the Declaration is to steal it.
唯一能够保护宣言的方法就是把它偷走
It's upside down.
非此即彼
I don't think there's a choice.
我想不出别的方法